Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Confess: I'm Getting Old [Fashioned]

We hadn't had a good snowstorm since the winter of 2008. That's when Palomino rang us up in the middle of the night. "Let's go play!" he declared.

5-Star merely turned on his side, and resumed his sweet dreaming.

Not I!

I ran out with the only downhill snow equipment I had, and met Palomino at the top of Main Street hill.

[CLICK] Main Street Renegades

The next day Main Street was closed. But I'm sure it wasn't because of the snow; it was because the police couldn't keep the sledders away, so they might as well join them!

(Palomino holding the pink sled, 5-Star Scotty right behind him.)




Fast forward three years, and this is what you get...

[CLICK] Snow Falling on Netty


A little old lady with no more sense of adventure, no drive to defy authority, only the contentment of making snow angels, and staring at the falling snow and eating it.

 (Photo by Mayet)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.