Monday, May 3, 2010

The Big Oh-One




Shea just turned the big oh-one. Oh, the responsibilities that come with being one year old!





Responsibility #1: grandpa's personal trainer.

How else do you think he stays young at heart?






Responsitility #2: goo-goo ga-ga factor.

You ever notice that when a baby enters a room all the adults loose focus on what they were doing, and gravitate toward said baby, coohing and talking incoherently? "Wuzzamatter, there-there, boo-boo have a wittle owie?" No wonder Shea ends up crying harder - big people don't make sense!





Responsibility #3: Momma's heart warmer.

'Nuff said about this. Just look at Mayet's face; it says it all.





























Won-derful was supposed to be spelled "One-derful". You know, the number 1, as in Shea's FIRST birthday.



"Not yet Shea. First, eat your dinner."

(What did I say about kids and nutrition?)












Wow, James must have been so hungry. He ate his pizza before the cake.














Make a wish Shea!

Now what would a 1 year old possibly wish for?

The Nobel Prize.

To be a rockstar.

To be a superhero.

(Oh, wait, those are MY wishes.)






A blue and green striped pony.

(Ok, now we're talkin'.)

(I know, I know!)

To live in a toy store!



Yes, that's it.

To live in a toy store.






But for now, I just want that balloon!











Grandpa, time for our workout. Carry me!



"Shea, wow, you really work your grandpa hard!"




Alright Grandpa, hold the balloon.



Hold it for 7 more counts...



In the meantime, Abmel is contemplating the hazards of taking home that box of pizza. "There are 9 slices of pizza here. Each slice is approximately a thousand calories. J.S. is going to kill me for bringing all these calories home. To get rid of a thousand calories I have to curl twenty-five pounds one hundred times... Ugh, this is giving me a headache!"



"Come on Tito Abmel. Calories are all relative. Think of them as fuel for your workouts."




"I guess I could throw in a few squats and sit-ups too... Ok, I'll take it!"



"Dear pizza. I love you. I love food. I love to eat. Farewell. Be good for Tito Abmel."



Me like yummy Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets!



Responsibility #4: Make sure Momma and Dadda keep the fridge full.


Nobel, schnobel! I just wanna eat, poop, and sleep. I'm the big Oh-One!



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.