Our relatives from Bohol stayed in Cebu for a few days. It was interesting to photograph the little ones. To attempt to photograph them. They're always moving.
It was also very interesting to watch them play.

Joseph was whispering sweet nothings.
Kids have the sweetest little voices that animals gravitate toward them unsolicited.

The only way to keep them still is to hold them.
Does this mean that Joseph, Papa B, and I are kids too?




This is how I got Irene's attention.
Irene, I love your shoes!
And when she looks at me to show off her heels,
SNAP!
And just like that, she's off again, like a little fairy that can't keep still.

I had to resort to stooping to their level.
Literally, THEIR LEVEL.
Ah, interesting perspective. Everything looks huge from down here.
Adults, on the other hand, seem to have a canny consciousness for where the camera is. It seems like they're always ready with a smile, or a glance, or an attempted getaway.
See how Tita Nida is stooped?
And suddenly she straightens up.
Back to the kids. It is not in their nature to stay still.
See Imelson, with the camo pants? He's probably thinking Will you just take the picture already so we can continue playing? The world is coming to an end because I'm not flying my kite!
Louie, in the blue shirt. Hmmm, if I duct tape this kite to my back, I think I can fly. I'd go to Bohol all the time if I could fly.
Vince, sporting the peace sign. If I close my eyes and count to one, I'll be back on the ground, rolling with the dust bunnies and running them over with the choo-choo train.
Irene, with the glasses. If Auntie Netty can't see my eyes, then she'll put the camera down.
What?! How many pictures do you have to take?
Fly away, fly away, fly away...
Choooooooo-choooooooo!
I wear my sunglasses at night...
Oh, and now Cousin Obet is giving me the stink smile!
Fine!
Snap.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.