They are the hottest wearable right now. I'm talking about rubber wristbands, aka "jelly bands". (I think that's what Obet called them...) You can't escape them anymore. Be it politicians' supporters or NBA stars, all are wearing these bands. Passing fad? Don't know, but they are still trading like hot cakes. At least that's what Obet does, he trades them.


Wearing a wristband is a good way of announcing your support for any worthy cause. The beauty of rubber wristbands is that they can be worn in any situation.

So what does the continuing popularity of the rubber wristbands imply? That they are more than just an accessory. They are about attitude, a reminder about one of the numerous worthy causes that drive the human civilization forward. They are about the human need to show solidarity to those fighting against mighty odds. Like politics.
(Well, maybe not politics... But I'll keep that opinion to myself.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.