My cousin Kayen came to visit over the weekend. She is now a momma of two lovely children, the wife of a handsome military officer, and is herself a soldier who holds a rank meriting the salute. Yes, Maam!
I jumped at this opportunity to take their photos. And I came to learn these two lessons:
- Timing is everything in photography.
- Your photo shoot would be in vain if even only one subject is not in the mood for it.
Okay, make it three lessons.
3. Kayen's family is so fun and
entertaining to watch.
This post is really about Alex and Jon. See...
Alex meets Liam.
Alex falls in love with Liam.
Liam becomes part of the family.
Kayen's husband thinks Alex's and Liam's love affair is so cute.
Alex doesn't like it when Liam is not in the family photo.
The diva pouts. (Nothing new here. =P)
Jon doesn't want anything to do with the family photos.
Please, Princess. Smile just a little bit?
Sir Liam, the gallant knight on the sideline, is able to coax Princess Diva Alex to smile. Jon is still uninterested in the family photo thing.
Finally, we get Jon to crack a smile. But alas, the Princess Diva realizes Sir Liam is not in the photo.
So Liam gets back into the photo, and Alex winks with triumph. And Jon is now being a putz.
Now I realize that Jon is doing everything he can to get out of the picture. He purposely closes his eyes for the shots! The punk!
Ah, but perhaps Cousin Abby, the other photographer, will have better photos than I do. He has a Nikon D60 too. In fact, he was the one who introduced me to the DSLR years ago, with his Olympus.
I digress... Alex. So long as she has Liam, she's happy.
Ah, Cousin Kayen. She hasn't changed one bit.
Actually, while I have the subject of lessons open, let me add a fourth.
4. Beautiful subjects make beautiful photos.
The End.
.
















Oh yeh, Kayen's the tough one! So who's Liam? Their kid too? Love your Pictures! Beautiful subjects beautiful pictures! WAIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
ReplyDelete