Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Kid's Graduation Party

Cousin Christine's Oldest Son's graduation party was in a cozy barn-looking hall at a park. It was three days shy of the summer solstice, and the temperature was around sixty degrees Fahrenheit. Typical Pacific northwest weather. Thank goodness for forced heated air.



When I arrived, Cousin Christine's Younger Son was slaving away in the kitchen. Not!



The kids - yes, I still call them kids... in fact anyone younger than I am is a kid to me - were playing charades.





Here are some instances to support my statement about calling anyone younger than me "kids"...

1. They don't know what NCIS is. You know, that
     witty murder mystery solving TV show with the
     Navy special agents, one of them an lady
     ex-Mossad who can kill you with one quick
     move of her wrist.


      Huh? What the heck does NCIS stand for 
      anyway? Is that from Star Wars? Whuh?



2. Kids eat a lot. A. Lot. And they. Don't.
    Gain. Weight.


     I repeat: kids eat a lot.



     And don't gain weight.



3. Kids don't sit with the adults. They're not
    cool enough. The kids, not the adults. I
    mean the adults are cool. Oh you know
    what I mean!



4. Kids play on the swing set.


5. Kids are terrified of heights.



6. Did I mention that kids don't ever gain
    weight no matter how much they eat?


Thanks for inviting your old aunt to your graduation party Christine's Oldest Son. And now I have to run a marathon, do two hundred squats, a thousand sit-ups, and eat oatmeal and broccoli for the next 17 days to burn all the calories from the food I ate at your party.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.