The only reason anyone in their right minds would be out of bed early on a Sunday morning, and wearing a number bib is if they have a race to run. And somewhere in this crowd of thousands strong, is a team composed of three generations strong!
Their timing chips securely fastened. Each team member determined to finish at a personal best.
Ladies and gents, please meet Team Red! Mayet, Sheazie Bear's Grandpa, Sheazie Bear's Daddy, Jaida Bug and Sheazie Bear.
At the wail of the foghorn, they take off. And in chronological order, each member returns through the Finish chute.
Sheazie Bear's dad looks beat! Was it because he broke a sub-nine-minute pace?
Coming in next, dressed quite classically in his polo shirt... By the smile on his face, he must have broken a personal best.
The minutes ticked by... Where is the rest of the team?
Wait, is that...?
Yes, it is! Here came Mayet with Sheazie Bear and Jaida Bug, pulling up the rear at a good clip.
Oh, but what's with the tears?
Apparently, someone thought it would be nice to let Shea run the course for a little bit, because Shea wanted to. But Shea ended up tripping and scraping his knee, which was the end of any good humor left in the little boy who was woken up too early to begin with.
From that point on, there was no coaxing him to run his 800m kids' dash.
Oh, but wait. We have one team member left to account for... Jaida Bug!
If she could talk, she'd be saying...
*Hello? What about me?*
*Just because I'm the littlest one doesn't mean that I should be ignored!*
*Lemme attem, lemme attem!*
*I'm bored sitting in a stroller. I'm bored being carried...*
*You underestimate the power of the premie. Now put me down, I'll show you how to run, even in socks only!*
*I'll show you how to bring Team Red through the finish! We're number one!*
.


















Hooray for Team Red. Jaida is sooooooooooo cute for the run....Did you run too, Jan?
ReplyDelete