It's great to be a little brother because you get to share in your Big Brothers' accolades. For instance, this week Big Brother No. 2 was inducted into the National Honor Society. We all got to sit in an auditorium and watch a ceremony that involved lighting candles, big-big kids making long talks not about Bakugan, getting annoyed by my Tita Netty to practice applauding for when the time came for it, and finally my brother marching up to receive a piece of paper.
Then I got hold that piece of paper as if it were mine too!
And I got to hang out and be cool with my Big Brothers and their friends!
And all this time, I was in the lime light, like I just discovered the highest secret to destroying the dragon to save the princess in distress at the end of gruesome video game!
Then, because I was the littlest one there, I got to run around and hide amidst a forest of legs while the adults and my Big Brothers had to stand still for the camera.
Later, much to my delight, my mom chose to celebrate the occasion at a restaurant where Santa and Christmas tree trimmings were still on the mantel!
These adults ought to be so grateful for this occasion because this meant they - ahem, Tita Netty, I'm talking about you now - could break their Lenten fast since it was still Christmas there!
Dear Santa,
Thank you for the special dispensation, which you disguised as Christmas in spring, that allowed my grumpy Tita Netty to finally stop pestering me...
[Burrrrp!]
If it weren't for the endless supply of ice cream, Tita Netty would still be in my ear about wooping and hollering for Big Brother No. 2 getting a piece of paper.
Thank you also for starting me out as a little boy who doesn't have to worry about checking Facebook updates every two minutes, and Tweeting about the fried chicken, fried shrimp, fried rice, fried beef, fried fish, and French fries on the tables.
And about my Big Brothers' accolades... can they count toward MY future accomplishments too? Afterall, Mommy did say that Big Brother No. 1 was inducted into the National Honor Society twice. The first time when he was still in mommy's belly, and the second time three years ago. These pictures show me holding that special piece of paper...
Trying Hard,
Jamesie Cat
Friday, March 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.