The last time Kim visited me was in 1998. I remember encouraging her as we drove around town, "pay attention so you know how to get back to the house next time you're here, and are out and about on your own..." For example, I'd point at a rockery on the side of the road, indicating that we turn right at that location. Islanders are adept with landmarks.
Kim, for the life of her, doesn't remember being here fifteen years ago! When we asked our cousin Abmel, he didn't remember either. But I have proof that she was. And of course, she doesn't remember anything about this photo either!
Kim visited with a couple of her high school friends in downtown Seattle. They made their own "happy hour", which made for an interesting tour of old Underground Seattle afterwards. Of course she immediately got the jist of the "seamstresses" and their "thimbles" [censored for delicate readers] story, one that took me three tours to finally understand it.
Then we visited the relatives. During which time Kim and the cousins continued to make their own "happy hour".
Tita V: Netty, where can I find My Crazy Relatives?
Kim: We're all here!
Har har har har har har!
Of course, Tita V meant the blog site.
Back at Tita V's house... Kim sees that our niece, the Diva, gets an honorary place on the fridge.
[Scratching my head.]
.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.