Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Confess: Saving Daylight

5-Star and I planned to attend the seven-thirty Mass this morning. Yes, an early start to end the weekend.

"The power must have gone out last night," said 5-Star. The digital clocks downstairs were blinking. It was, after all, a stormy night as well. Just to be sure of the time, he turned on his cell phone. And lo! We were already thirty minutes late for the early service, as the time was now eight o'clock. Daylight Savings kicked in this morning at two o'clock!

The whole day seemed off after that. But at the end of the day, when my cell phone clock read "6:20PM", I was very excited to see that the sun was well above the horizon yet!


There is only one meaning to this: SUMMER IS COMING! Longer days means lots and lots of fun things to do well past a babe's bed time.

Wahoo!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.