Monday, July 16, 2012

The Difference of Three Years


Last week I took Jamesie Cat and Mattie to the beach and the circus. As I watched them play and interact with each other, I couldn't help remembering a very similar occasion more than three years ago. I took Mattie and Jamesie Cat for ice cream, and then to the beach. It was a cold spring afternoon.

Three years ago.



Last week.



 Three years ago.



 Last week.



Three years ago.



Last week.



Three years ago.



Last week.



 Three years ago.



Last week.


That same day three years ago, I took the boys to the Japanese Garden to feed the koi. But the fish didn't come out because it was still too cold. This year, because it was a hot summer afternoon, I took them to the Wenatchee Youth Circus, just up the street from the beach. 

We all had a grand old time!






Jamesie Cat has this habit of mimicking every sound and action you make. It can be quite annoying actually, so I just ignore him when he starts up. But, this habit of his came in quite handy when the National Anthem was sung at the circus. I put my hand over my heart and sang with passion. I need not elaborate further. Next time he's mimicking, I'll recite the Pledge of Allegiance!

 Last week.



 Three years ago.



Last week.



Three years ago.



 Last week.


Don't let this happy face fool you about how the day transpired. Two hours before this, Jamesie Cat threw a tissy fit as we were leaving the beach. He didn't want to leave. "So ask your mom to take you to the beach tomorrow," I suggested.

"I don't want to go tomorrow!" he answered.

"Next week... Next month... Next year..." I kept suggesting, to all of which Jamesie Cat answered "No!" and flung himself to the ground in rebellion.

Three years ago, Jamesie Cat had a binky in his mouth. Last week he declared to me "You're mean! I hate you! I wanna go home! I hate you!" Yes, he said he hated me twice.



Boy! The difference of three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.