Friday, July 13, 2012

Lightning



According to Wikepedia... "Lightning is a  massive random atmospheric electrical discharge of static often over 2-3km long accompanied by thunder."

According to Fraulein Maris (The Sound of Music), "The lightning talks to the thunder and the thunder answers."

When the dog bites 






When the bee stings




When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad 

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things!

Actually, I don't like the doorbells because they incite a raucous uproar from Preacher and Sonya. But on this night, at one thirty in the morning, they were fast alseep. Thunder doesn't bother these crazy dogs. So as they slumbered, I snuck out of the house to chase the lightning with my camera. For the record, I took approximately one hundred seventy (I don't know the exact count because I started erasing shots that were "blank" before I took count).

I remember as a kid, the proper action during a lightning storm was to turn off all electronics, cover all mirrors, and stay indoors and dry. Well, I defied the old lightning etiquette. I was still wearing my night dress (sa mga Bisdak, mao ni ang ininglis sa "daster" nga pang-uranay), and so, was soaked to the bones as I stood in the marble sized pellets of rain, snapping away at the horizon.


 

I wasn't concerned about getting electrocuted. So long as my hairs remained flat on my skin, a sure sign of the absence of electrical static.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string 
These are a few of my favorite things!



  



1 comment:

  1. wow! wow! wow! your pictures - just like the darkest hour ...jan, i noticed waves of clouds??? beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.