We're off to see the tulips, the colorful tulips of WA.
There are no technicolor ponies here, only farm equipment that share the road with passenger vehicles.

When you get to the funny hat barn, turn west...

... and you'll be at the Roozen Gaarde farm.

Yay! We're here.

Is there a playhouse here, Mom?

Cool, a windmill!

(Uh oh, competition...)

Yay! Is there a playground here, Mom?

Netty's favorite, Queen of the Night.

Yay! Are we going to the jungle gym, Mom?

Hurry, Mom, hurry!

I want to drive the tractor when we get there, Mom!

Are we there yet?

Uh, Mom, there is no playground, is there...

But Mom, I want to walk between the rows!

Let me down, I want to run between the rows!

You're embarassing me, Mom.

Hmph, is this it? Flowers? You kidding?

No, I don't want a picture. I want to ride the tractor!

Common Mom, you're really embarassing me.

Oh, but son, the flowers are so pretty!

See, they match my top!

Waaaah! I'm tired, carry me!

I love you, Mommy.

Do you love me, Mommy? If you love me, you'll take me home now.

Hmph, my son has me totally wrapped around his finger.

Okay son, let's go home now.


Did you at least have fun, son?
(No comment.)
Netty, did you have fun?
(Whuh???)
At RoozenGaarde... Did you have fun?

Um, yeah.
Photographers outnumbered sightseers 9-1.
SLR Cameras outnumbered PNS's (point and shoot) 9-1.
So it felt a tad daunting.
Tell you what though, while the competition wasted megabytes on flowers, I captured family moments, picnicking on the lawns.
... and little girls in Sunday whites...
... and white dogs in pink sweaters...

... who just wants to go home already...
Oh, come on...
SMIIIIIILE!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.