Last Thursday, our neighbors crashed our house for dinner. We had measly pieces of chicken, roasted peppers, and roasted wedged potatoes. Of course they brought teriyaki seasoned burgers for everyone, which was oh so yummy!
So the next day, we reciprocated by going to their house.
Three things I love about visiting our neighbors: 1) we all get to wear zories (that's flip flop thongs for you statesiders) around the house;
2) they are such good people, down to the soul; and 3) they cook a very soulful meal, you'd think you'd died and gone to culinary heaven.




When we first arrived - and this happens all the time - their adorable little boy played bashful. Even when he'd been asking his mom over and over again "Are they coming over? I wanna show them my toys!"
But it doesn't take long until he comes out of his shell.

Next thing you know, even 5-Star Scotty got his hands on the toys.
And then our neighbors' adorable little boy tried to get me into the pool with him.

Yo, yo, yo! You gonna get wet wid me or whah?
Just kidding. This adorable little boy is too sweet for that kind of talk.

Netty? Do you want to swim with me? is more his style of talkin'. Ah, such a sweet little boy. If his mom weren't looking, I'd put him in my purse and take him home with me!

Are you sure you don't want to get in the pool with me, Netty? The water feels really good. See, put your feet in. Try it. Isn't it nice?
It took all of my will power to resist. I had just eaten 1/2 of a cheesecake all to myself two days before, and I didn't want to prove to everyone that jiggles make a very efficient flotation device.



Then our neighbors' adorable little boy discovered a bug floating in the pool.


And just like that, his attention was now on catching spiders and flies.



When the water in the pool became like glass...

And our neighbors' adorable little boy started to squint after the sun had already set...

We knew it was getting close to bedtime.
I love summer in the northwest. The sun sets after 9pm!
Ah, I love crashing our neighbors' for dinner.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.