Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fútbol at the Hawk Nest

I went to my first professional soccer game with James yesterday. Our team is the Seattle Sounders FC, and we were playing Toronto FC. James, such the gracious sports fan that he is, had the proper attire: a Sounders scarf.






No, this is not my jacket. I took a picture of it because I thought the colors were so attractive, and I wouldn't mind having one of these even if I'm not an avid soccer fan.







Our tickets were for the VIP section, with an All Inclusive Pass. Which means food and drinks for us were on the house. 







 The Sounders play at Qwest Field, the "Hawk's Nest",  home of the Seattle Seahawks football team.






All the fans in the stadium were for the Sounders. And they wore scarves.






I guess scarves at a soccer game are like pom-poms for a football game.






The game actually turned out to be very intense. 











I see now what all the hoopla is about. 


What, you didn't see it?


Let me show you again...








Oops, I meant this:











Yummmmm! Too many to choose from. So I made it easy on myself. I chose one of each.







This is nice too...







But seriously, does anything else top this?






Our half-time "snack".






It's always fun watching the fans too.


Here's a Seahawks fan. So endearing. A football fan cheering on a fútbol team.








The anticipation is intense.





Gooooooooooal! Goooooooooooooal!






James, thank you very much for taking me to the fútbol game. Anytime you have an extra ticket, you call me!




(And we'll leave 5-Star and Palomino to their tulip planting.)


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.