Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick Or Treat

In preparation for Halloween trick-or-treaters, I bought two bags of candy at Costco. And this was being conservative, considering three bags would not have been enough at our old house. Oh yeah, we used to live up the hill from here.

I was so excited when I saw the neighborhood kids in their costumes marching down the street even before darkness fell. I figured they were starting their trick-or-treating at the other blocks, and work their way home.

NOT!

We had only eight small groups of kids come to our door! And when I say small, I mean the largest group was comprised of 4 kids! What in dangnation has this world come to? Is trick-or-treating heading for a demise from our culture, like calling elders Mister/Missus/Miss So-And-So? First, this generation of kids can't sing the American National Anthem, much less recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Will these kids' kids not know what trick-or-treating is? Was?

Agh! I'm just venting. It's probably not even about the lack of trick-or-treaters, and most likely about the fact that I have this now sitting on my kitchen countertop.







And this unopened bag of sinful treats...






They're called "Fun Size" for a reason...






They're fun to open...






They're fun to eat...






And this is only one of several dozen that I've already opened...
and eaten... today... in the last three hours... two of them in
the last fifteen minutes.






Do you think the gym members would appreciate 
it if I left this bowl of candy at the front desk?

NOT!


2 comments:

  1. You can always give them to me. I love CANDY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't temp the Gym goers.
    Send it to PI Jan:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.